The BimmerWorld View - This is the wing that set the new standard years ago. The integrated carbon wicker bill allows the most minimal drag and even more downforce to keep your car planted on track, allowing for more speed, and more time in the throttle.
The Medium BimmerWorld V3 Carbon Race Wing revolutionized aero on a variety of BMW-specific applications, breaking away from the "Lightweight-style" wings of the past. Our V3 wing replaces V2 and is lighter than before and with integrated brackets and built-in wicker bill. This wing comes as a complete kit which is a direct bolt-on in most cases (unlike generic elements that require hours to make both legal and functional, or unattractive adaptor blocks). Additionally, using a proven Motorsport airfoil profile modified for our specific application, the efficiency is much higher than production-based spoilers including Lightweight/Motorsport reproductions and the Chinese replicas of Corvette wings with upturned, drag-inducing ends.
This Medium version of our BimmerWorld V3 Carbon Race Wing is the maximum legal height for E36 BMW Club Racing Prepared-class and E46 CTCC cars. Recommended for E36s with a full frontal aero package or E46 and E9X cars with moderate frontal aero.
Making higher levels of downforce is easy, but the tradeoff is always the drag it creates. Our design goal was to making the same or higher downforce efficiently so straight speeds would not be affected. Back-to-back testing has proven the BimmerWorld part successful with a 2-3 MPH top speed gain over the popular E36 adjustable Lightweight-style high wing - and no measurable difference versus no wing at all! That difference translates into a nice lap-time difference over the course of a race!
- 66" Width - True body width element (E36 and E46) is the widest legal for BMW Club racing and other sanctioning bodies that limit width to be less than or equal to chassis width. The wider element makes the most effective use of the air.
- Low Camber Profile - The foil profile used in this wing is designed as a low drag element, still capable of producing high levels of downforce. Significant downforce is made at a 2 degree angle of attack while producing negligible drag, with maximum downforce made at an 11 degree angle of attack.
- Placement - The engineered stanchions included in this kit maximize BMW Club racing rules. The unique slider action keeps the wing in this position throughout the full range of effective angles of attack so the foil is in the cleanest possible air.
The Medium BimmerWorld V3 Carbon Race Wing is a high-quality professional race part that is lightweight, durable, and extremely functional.
- Construction - Molded foil is designed for minimal weight and maximum rigidity, without the added resin and clearcoat the Chinese wings use to make a lesser part look pretty. Hand-crafted in the USA by a respected supplier to ALMS and Rolex cars.
- Rib Supports - The use of internal supports along the foil keeps the surface rigid and the air attached. If the foil surface flexes easily when touched, it is likely not as efficient as possible when subjected to high speed airflow.
- Anodized Aluminum Stanchions and Mounts - Using cutaways to reduce weight, these pieces are lightweight, extremely strong, durable, and attractive. Ready to bolt-on - no painting required.
The proof is in the details. Having a light and very functional wing isn't enough - we made it easy to work with as well.
- Angle Adjustment - The unique BimmerWorld adjusters keep the top rear corner of the wing stationary through the range of attack angles, maximizing the rules and minimizing drag. Ball-milled reference lines guarantee repeatability.
- True Bolt-On Installation - This developed package does not require the hours of setup that an experienced shop would typically spend mounting and adjusting a real race wing to function properly. We do leave a small margin for error in rules legality, but due to different ride heights, rakes, etc, you should verify height and setback before permanently mounting.
Wing includes endplates, wicker bill, stanchions, and hardware. Legal in BMW CCA classes, as well as many NASA classes and other groups.
Made in the USA